February 28, 2017
My Mother made beautiful scones and I am always trying to replicate them. So how do you get your scones perfect everytime? Here are a few of my top tips!
- Don't handle the mixture anymore than is necessary
- Use the coolest part of your hands (your fingertips) to rub the butter in
- Always use a corkscrew motion when cutting scones with a ring cutter
- Perhaps my best tip when it comes to scone baking is to ensure you have a hot oven - a hot oven shocks the dough into action
- Always bake on the middle shelf to avoid burnt bottoms
Now all you need to do is pop the kettle on and get baking! And if you haven't a recipe of your own, here's mine!